Wollemi Wanderers Nature Play
Wollemi Wanderers Nature Play at the National Arboretum Canberra takes you on a journey through a different forest or garden each week. Little minds go on an exploration of the natural world through interactive storytelling, hands on learning, craft and a wander among the trees and gardens.
Wollemi Wanderers are on Monday & Friday of each week from 10am-11.30am. Suitable for ages 2 – 5 years.
Need to know
- Younger siblings under the age of 2 years and Parent/Carer are free with a paying child.
- Parents/carers as well as siblings under the age of 2 years, need to book a free ticket to ensure maximum numbers are not exceeded.
- We ask that only one adult supervise each family group where possible.
- Due to the age group, parent/carer must stay throughout the event.
- Sessions will be pram/baby wearing friendly.
- All sessions take place outdoors so please wear enclosed footwear, bring a hat, water and dress for the weather.
- Week 1: Ponder the Pond
Join us for an exploration of who and what lives in the pond. Discover frogs, fish, water snails, dragonflies, water fleas and water dragons. This week we will make glistening water pictures and frog hand puppets.
Book here: https://www.stickytickets.com.au/4Z7H4
- Week 2: Sunshine & Rainbows
Sun + Rain = Rainbows. This week we will be in full craft mode. Making rainbows, rain pictures, sunshine handprint paintings and playing with shadows. Please wear clothes you are happy to get messy in.
Book here: https://www.stickytickets.com.au/LI37E
- Week 3: Animal Tracks
So you’ve been to the forests at the National Arboretum but do you know what animals usually live there? Time to find out! Join us for a hunt through the forest to find native animal tags in the Camden White Gums and create your very own Echidna to take home.
Book here: https://www.stickytickets.com.au/H7UNS
- Week 4: Wonder of Wildlife
It’s World Wildlife day this week so let’s go on a bug hunt through the gardens! This week we will tiptoe through the gardens, create giant butterfly collages, make spider webs and snail alphabets.
Book here: https://www.stickytickets.com.au/PIMH8
- Week 5: Dinosaurs & Volcanos
Walk back in time in the footsteps of the Dinosaurs, past ancient trees and fossils, and finish at the base of an extinct volcano. At the end of the walk we will make our own volcanos!
Book here: https://www.stickytickets.com.au/6JQXF
- Week 6: Puppets in the Forest
This week we combine International Day of Forests and World Puppetry Day into one magical, storytelling adventure. Join us in the Himalayan Cedar forest to make your own set of puppets, build a shared theatre and put on a show.
Book here: https://www.stickytickets.com.au/0KTOW
- Week 7: Spiky Friends
These plants are awfully cute but you wouldn’t want to touch one! Join us to find out what they are, where they live, how they survive and why they are Spiky. We will also craft our own little friends to take home to decorate your room.
Book here: https://www.stickytickets.com.au/EI4RP
Suitable for kids aged 2-5 years
National Arboretum Canberra, Forest Drive, Molonglo Valley ACT, Australia