Mini-Minties – November 2020
We’re all royalty in our own way, but one Queen has been on every Australian decimal currency coin since 1966, all fifteen billion of them! Over time, she’s aged a little, so join us for a Mini Minties session exploring all the different portraits of Queen Elizabeth II! The session will include story-telling, gallery exploration, and the chance to make your very own crown.
We are delighted to be able to welcome back our Mini-Minties to the Royal Australian Mint (even though it may look a little different to what it did before). As the safety of staff and visitors is our primary concern, additional measures will be in place to ensure that the program is held in a safe manner and are in compliance with current COVID-19 restrictions.
Please read carefully through the below information before booking a session for your child:
• Children and supervisors will be required to sanitise their hands before and after entering the Mint & the Education Room.
• Children and supervisors will be required to maintain a distance of 1.5m between other participants and facilitators at all times.
• Supervisors will need to register their names for contact tracing when entering the Mint.
• No food or drink will be allowed in the Education Room. We will give supervisors their free coffee coupon to use at the café at the end of the session.
• Due to limited space in the Education Room, only ONE child and their supervisor will be able to attend the session. Additional siblings will cause us to go over the number of people allowed in the Education Room. We apologise for any inconvenience, and thank you for your understanding as we endeavour to keep our visitors and staff safe.
If you or the child attending are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms prior to the session, we ask that you contact us or cancel your booking through Eventbrite.
When: Friday 6 November, 10.30am to 11.15am.
Cost: $10 (plus booking fee). Ticket includes one adult and one child.
Where: Education Room, Royal Australian Mint.
All children must be accompanied by an adult and bookings are essential. This program is aimed at children aged 4-6.
Suitable for kids aged 4-6 years
Education Room, Royal Australian Mint, Denison Street, Deakin, ACT