Maker2Market – School Holiday Program
Our Maker2Market™ holiday program is for young people (aged 10-17) who are creative, love making things, probably been tinkering for a while, and have the aspiration to start their own business.
This business taster builds life and crucial 21st-century skills and entrepreneurial mindset through a real-world, intensive business life cycle experience.
Our three-day experience empowers participants to explore their passion, create a business and test the value of their products and inventions with real customers.
Learn, develop and execute a range of skills:
- Problem-solving and key business concepts
- Identify an ideal customer
- Steps to take a product to market including general prototyping and then creating a hand-made product from scratch
- Logo creation using online software
- Pitching, critique, and market research skills
- Creating up to 20 products to take to market day through an intensive Maker session.
- Developing a product costing and honing financial literacy skills
- Developing merchandising and customer sales skills
- Participating in a real market day experience to test products with real customers. Market day’s include: Old Bus Depot Markets, Kingston (Cbr), Haig Park VIllage Markets, Braddon (ACT).
CANBERRA JULY PROGRAM 1:
Two-day workshop: Mon, July 5 + Tues, July 6, 2021 @ 71 London Circuit, Canberra City from 9.30am – 4.00pm (both days) + Market day: Sunday, July 11, 2021 @ Haig Park Village Markets, Braddon from 8.30am -2pm.
CANBERRA JULY PROGRAM 2:
Two-day workshop: Wed, July 7 + Thurs, July 8, 2021 @ 71 London Circuit, Canberra City from 9.30am – 4.00pm (both days) +Market day: Sunday, July 11, 2021@ Haig Park Village Markets, Braddon from 8.30am – 2pm.
Suitable for kids aged 10-17 years.
Melbourne Building, 71 London Circuit, Canberra, ACT
Haig Park Village Markets, Haig Park, Braddon, ACT